Warning: Illegal string offset 'keywords_time' in /home/emartus/allcatfishrecipes.com/www/wp-content/plugins/internal_link_building.php on line 101
One of the most popular fried catfish recipes in the Texas is named “Texas president fried catfish”. Why “president”? I have not the vaguest idea… And you?
Ingredients: (4-6 servings)
- 1 catfish (4-5lb)
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 cup corn meal
- 1/4 cup wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon milled Cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon powdered garlic
Cooking time – 30 min.
1. Scale and gut the catfish carcase, then clean it by rinsing under cool, running water. Cut the catfish into fillet without the jacket and slice it into about 2*1.5 inches parts.
2. Cook the liaison via mixing milk, egg, salt and white pepper.
3. Blend all abovesaid ingredients for breading in a separate bowl.
4. Dip catfish slices into the liaison and breading. And cook it in fat until the catfish is ready.
Ready to serve!